TennisForum.com - View Single Post - INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

View Single Post

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #1580
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
Found this article completely pathetic

http://www.oregonlive.com/the-spin-o...ria_shara.html

Maria in the "losers" category
It takes a lot of skill to play the style Maria does and be as successful as she has for as long as she has. It's high-risk, high-wire stuff and it's exciting to watch. You never know when a run of spectacular shots or spectacular errors will occur. I'm always on the edge of my seat watching her and put through an emotional roller coaster. There are a lot of players past and present that have tried to implement this way of playing and yet never achieved a fraction of the success or longevity Maria has. And the reason is that Maria is really talented at what she does and better than most. It isn't easy to duplicate her style. And yet, she still doesn't get credit for being so good for so long. And I've certainly been guilty of not giving her her due as well.

But he's not close to being the first commentator to whine about Maria being boring. I think guys like this just hate and resent Maria because she doesn't do the slice and dice, serve and volley, more refined style that media snobs deem real tennis. What Maria does is beneath them.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote