TennisForum.com - View Single Post - INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

View Single Post

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #1564
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympianPova View Post
Chrissie-fan.....never say never. I like Caro. I think she has a great personality and is 'down to earth'. She doesn't have an arrogant bone in her. I reckon she could do with a good coach who can help her improve in many areas but little at a time. So far her father is just putting so much pressure on her in every match. He gives her these lectures about 3-4 times in a match. That's enough to do anyone's brain in. She needs someone who can help her retain her style of play but make few changes at a time. She is still only 22. By the time she gets to Maria's age, hopefully Serena will no longer be around.
I don't know what to make of him really. I don't want to be too hard on him because we only get to see a few minutes of the countless hours he spends with her and I don't doubt that he's a loving father and he means well and all that. But when I see those lectures and see the translations of some of them.....I can't imagine that they help Caroline much. If anything he's making his daughter who's already struggling with her self-confidence even more nervous than she already is with all his scolding. Tactically he must have some insights into the game after all these years, but I often feel that he's putting too much info out there and that he would do better by keeping it simple and just concentrating on one or two key areas. I don't know. I guess that she feels more as ease when he's around. That wouldn't be a problem if there would be a 'real' coach and Piotr would just be around for emotional support, like her mum. I don't think that Piotr is willing to play second fiddle though.

It's also different than with Maria. Maria's dad got tired of being on the road all the time with her while Caro's dad loves it and gets a kick out of it. That makes it from an emotional perspective harder for her to give him the boot. She probably feels indebted to him for bringing her this far (and he does indeed deserve some credit for that) and would regard it as an act of betrayal on her part to kick him out. It's never as easy from the inside as it looks from the outside. Especially not when there is family involved, and even less so when that family is a father that she's obviously very close to.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote