TennisForum.com - View Single Post - INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

View Single Post

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #1520
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
That's a routine comment from Caro though. No player will say, "I want you to spank my ass again in Miami, Maria", now will they? This match just confirms how far the top three and arguably Li Na as well when she is on are ahead of the rest of the field today. That gap really is huge. Caroline plays better than last year I feel, but not good enough to compete with the players at the very top of the game. Maria is perhaps playing her best tennis of her second career and I think she would have beaten Azarenka today and perhaps even have given (dare I say it?) Serena a run for her money. Always hard to say for sure of course because a different opponent means a different match. But still, I'm was VERY impressed with Maria today. Bodes well for the rest of the season. So congrats guys, enjoy.

And now excuse me while I go sit in a corner and have a quiet moment to myself.
Awwwwww, don't be sad though, even if she obviously said "On to Miami" etc. etc. I think she played a good tournament. As I said somewhere else, it's nothing but the real difference between #3 and #10, just like - say - the difference between Serena and the rest, it's not a shame.
Actually I think she could beat Vika here too, that's why I was bummed I didn't have a top ranks final, I just hope Vika's fit enough to play Miami.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, no surprise there - I'm a Caro fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Definitely. She didn't really have a chance in today's match, but a few less errors here and there may have made things closer. I think I recall her hitting 3 ROUTINE ERRORS IN A ROW to get broken for 2-5 in the second set. 2010-2011 Woz would never do that.
This. Still, Caro's getting better than her 2012 which was quite awful, she's not like 2010-11 when she was a no-error machine for real but she deserves a spot in the top 10 so far.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote