TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #1722
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Thatīs what Vika said in her press conference on March 14, 2013:

Quote:
Q. Where are you going now? Are you going to stay here or go somewhere else? Miami? Where are you going to try to heal your ankle?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I'm going to LA, back, and, you know, I have my physio with me. We are going to see a doctor to just make sure.
I'm going to go to Miami probably on Sunday, so we'll see.
So she plans to travel to Miami on Sunday, and if she plays there, her first match will be on Thursday or Friday. Tournament seedings are based on rankings as of March 18, and that means Vika is #3 seed in Miami.
http://www.sonyopentennis.com/Player...r-Landing.aspx

Otherwise I have quite mixed feelings about Miami if Vika isnīt completely fit to play the whole tournament. Winning in Miami might require to beat both Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova.

There was also some talk about Vikaīs current relationship with Caroline Wozniacki. In her previous press conference in Indian Wells on March 12, Vika tells this:

Quote:
Q. I remember when you two were coming up. You and Caroline used to play some doubles and stuff. Would you you say you two are still pretty close? How is your relationship with Caroline these days?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Our relationship is fine. I mean, we don't maybe hang out as much. She's busy. She has a boyfriend, you know, and I'm busy, too.
But, you know, the hanging out part a little bit shifted, but I still consider her as a very good friend of mine. You know, I see her all the time when I'm in Monaco, and that's it. I really like her as a girl.

Q. Do you ever practice together?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I don't really practice with many people. I like to hit with my coach because he can never beat me. (Laughter.)

Q. Going back to Caroline, when play her, what are the particular challenges that she offers? Is it her consistency? Is it her placement? Her movement?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think she's very consistent player and she reads the game well, anticipates a lot of shots, and, you know, I don't ever really try to focus on my opponent's game.
I try to focus on what I have to do and execute my shots. And whatever comes at me, I'm going to deal with what I have to do next. So I don't try to adapt. I just try to apply my game.
I think a part of the first question was a little bit strange, because Vika and Caroline played quite rarely as doubles partners in the past. Surely Maria Kirilenko or Elena Vesnina were more frequently Vikaīs doubles partners. Besides I havenīt noticed that either Vika or Caro would have said any bitchy comments about each other in public.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!