TennisForum.com - View Single Post - IW Chat Thread

Thread: IW Chat Thread
View Single Post

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #365
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IW Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Maybe it was just one of those days. I mean didn't Nole have a 22 match winning streak?
I think we as tennis fans strive for perfection too much
Obviously, we strive for perfection in both ways: when it's our fave they're never good enough or when they're "against" they're too good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yep. And whenever someone actually comes close to perfection we start complaining that he or she is TOO good and that the end-result has become too predictable because of that. Hard to please, us tennis fans.
Exactly like this maybe that's the reason my feeling for Nole went a little down after the first slam of 2012, he was too perfect winning everything and I was happy for Rafa when he came back winning on clay.. And now it's the same again with Novak being too strong since the start of the season and Rafa having to climb up again the rankings (not that #5 is bad...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I admit that I didn't have a problem with perfection in the days of Chrissie. Or when Federer was king of the world for that matter. Come to think of it, he's STILL king of the world. Doesn't matter if he's number one, number four or number twenty. He's Roger Federer after all.
And I totally agree here too I'd never have a problem with Roger's perfection, he's just a pleasure for the eyes when he plays and I agree with what I heard on tv today by Ljubicic (whom is a friend of Roger), they said how they'd rather see him more rarely (like now, he's right taking a break until may) but seeing him 3-4 more years playing with caution and keeping healthy (say, 15 tournaments per year), than seeing him play a lot (like 20) but having to stop in 1-2 years.
And... I wish I was there during Chrissie's years, she must have been a Queen on clay. I wonder how she was when she had that 125 matches streak on clay over 6 years
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote