TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #2368
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
After Vika officially withdrew, I also said things could be punched and broken if Maria didn't win this tournament. Now that I think about it though, if she loses, I may be left too numb from shock to have the energy to throw anything.

From a tennis standpoint, it would be the worst loss and lowest point of her career. She will never see a big title served up on a silver platter to her like this again. Losing to someone like Wozniacki, especially considering how horrible she's been for over a year, would be the cruelest of jokes. Losses to Vika and Serena are understandable. Losses to moonballing scrub Woz are catastrophes.

I've already talked about how offensive her style of play is. But she really lost me with her defiant arrogance she always displayed when it comes to talking about her game. The way she always took credit for the unforced errors her opponents donated to her. The way she dismissed criticism of her boring defensive game where she'd frequently only have 2 or 3 winners a set. To this day, she's still adamant that she can win majors playing this way. And on top of that, her dad is a grade A pompous jerk.

So, in a way, you could say I dislike Caroline even more than Serena or Vika. At least those 2 have real tennis talent and have earned their place at the top. Woz is a fraud and Maria needs to stand up and treat her like the punching bag she is. If she doesn't, my head may explode.
I don't agree it would be the worst loss, personally (and I have been stanning really hard for Maria since let's say 2011, although she was always one of my faves, but I wasn't that much into tennis that didn't include Serbian players before that time) Miami loss to Aga and AO loss to Vika sting a lot more. I remember being pumped up for both of them, and ending up in total disbelief.

As far as Caroline is concerned, I'm not her fan at all, but you can't dismiss her game just like that. It's just a different style, it's not attractive and I personally don't like it, but it gets the job done, and she should be given credit for the fact that she can win matches with that kind of game. And it's not her fault Piotr is a douche

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!