TennisForum.com - View Single Post - New Pope Francis!

View Single Post

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #196
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Pope Francis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild.river View Post
are you implying chicken preferences aren't important life questions

it was derailed. someone should start a God vs. Religion vs. Science thread though
There was quite a bit of foolishness going on near the end of that thread. But it raises a question.

If there is a thread that people don't like, is it only necessary to get a few people to collude in derailing it to get it closed?

I would think that it would be just as easy to delete the offending comments (the ones where people are calling each other vile names) as it is to close a thread. In that case people who are having a serious discussion (as serious as can be expected in cyberspace) can continue.

But then again, I am not a mod and am not privy to what they can and can't do so I'm sure that they have their reasons for not taking that approach.

"Oh it's Tommy this and Tommy that and chuck him out, the brute.
But it's savior of his country when the guns begin to shoot."
Rudyard Kipling
HippityHop is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote