TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Dulgheru's comeback letter

View Single Post

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #21
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru's comeback letter

She presented her painting for the first time this week.

Quote:
"I did this oil painting last year during my long period of recovery," Dulgheru recalled. "As I was going to the clinic six days a week for two months and still had a full schedule afterwards, I only had time to do it on Sundays, but every Sunday since May I've been working on it for about three to six hours.

"Honestly, I didn't know what I was getting into when I started it. I probably won't do gardens or flowers for a while now! But it was a fun way to relax. And I never hurried it, I just wanted to do it well and capture all the details. Whenever I felt tired, I would take a break or leave it to the next weekend.

"It's not finished yet, as you can see - I still have the path around the flowers to work on, and some other details on the painting as well - but I don't think it will take too much longer to finish."

Dulgheru has always had a talent for visual arts - not just painting. "I started drawing when I was six. Slowly I got better at it and found I had a talent for it. I do a bit of everything - drawing, sketching, clothes design, painting - whatever I feel like doing in that particular moment of inspiration. I'm thinking of doing something in this area after tennis, like architecture or design, whatever comes to me. And if I don't follow this path, at least I want to continue with it as a hobby, because I like it very much."

And what inspired her to do this particular painting? "My room is vintage style and there's a free wall that needs a big painting, so this went well with the room design," she said. "First we wanted to buy one and we were looking for the right one for a while, but then I thought, 'Why not work on the painting myself? I have the time for that and would be so happy to try my skills on my first oil painting.'

"I printed two color gardens out from the internet, then I mixed them together into one painting, and there it is. I can't wait to get back and finish it. I'll send you another picture when it's done!"
I'm so glad she's feeling better.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote