TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

View Single Post

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 03:54 AM   #36
country flag tkutsaar

tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

During last year’s FO in a thread inviting responders to rate in order which of the QFs one would desire to see as champion I suggested that the player I least desired to take the title was Yaroslava Shvedova. My choice was predicated on the fact I had never heard of her. I was chastised for that opinion by a fan of hers suggesting that every serious fan of women’s tennis would know of her especially since she had been a QF at Roland Garros two years previously; a factoid I had obviously overlooked. Well OK she became visible in my radar and I then paid more particular attention. There is no denying she had a good run at RG and she was impressive at Wimbledon as well i.e. the golden set against the FO finalist and a tough competitive match against eventual champion Serena. However since then her results have not had that same magic; witness this result.
tkutsaar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote