TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #938
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post
don't take it wrong, but I think that if Caro goes all way to face Vika (same for her), the Dane will have done much more than I hope for by winning a set...since the two reversed their roles as world n1 Vika has gained the consistence she didn't have when Caro was world n1...we could say Vika is just a more aggressive version of Caro on some extent now, which means she has all the wind behind her wings, playing the same game just better.
Vika watched as Caroline got to #1 and stayed there. She did things very intelligently. Her coach used to coach Zvonareva, and Likhovtseva and Tu.

The big difference between Caro & Vika is that Vika mentally fights late in majors. Caroline has bad losses to Li and Vera in slam semis. When Vika gets deep in a major, her focus & fight is better than Caroline's was.
Thats probably part of why Caroline dropped so far off the elite.
You have to want it badly & fight for it. You cant fold when you have match point, and you need to motivate yourself.
Thats a big difference in their careers. One of them competes better in big matches
Its still early in both of their careers, but Caroline needs a lot more mental toughness to ever get to where Vika is now
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!