TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Visiting Key Biscayne and the Sony Open - Tips?

View Single Post

Old Mar 4th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #7
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visiting Key Biscayne and the Sony Open - Tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyGOLU View Post
Do you know if it will be really far from the court on section 400? Will it be hard to see the ball and the players??
I can tell you it's surely a lot better than from the top of Ashe stadium, lol.

Kidding aside, it's not bad at all. Here is video shot from my regular seat, shot with a 12X point and shoot:

The view is fine from there. It's a purple court, so the ball is easily visible. You're not going to see a "TV view", obviously, with close ups of the faces, but if you have a good camera, you can still get some decent photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
Also save some time to check out the Seaquarium and Vizcaya. I mean you are right there, you might as well see them.

I need to do that someday. But I can't ever seem to tear myself away from the tennis, lol.

I forgot to mention--IF you are in Coconut Grove, the past several years, they have had a player function there on Thursday night of the first week. I've always been at the tournament, and never back early enough to go, but supposedly, somewhere in the Grove at Cocowalk some players show up for a promotional thing and are avalaiable for photos/autographs. I'm pretty sure Djokovic was there one year. Tamira Paszek was there a few years ago. They always put pictures of it on the WTA site and in the tournament's daily match schedule the day after.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com

Last edited by Aravanecaravan : Mar 4th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Aravanecaravan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote