TennisForum.com - View Single Post - New Big West - 2012-13

View Single Post

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 04:18 PM   #149
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
Re: Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
3/2/13

#30 UC Irvine def. #39 Long Beach St. 4-3

1. No. 41 Kristina Smith/Franzisk Goettsching (UCI) def. Klaudia Malenovska/Sarah Cantlay (LBSU) 8-5
2. Marivick Mamitt/Sarah Stadfelt (UCI) vs. Ebba Unden/Karolina Rozenberg (LBSU) unfinished
3. Ali Facey/Brooke Schweyer (UCI) def. Hazuki Onaga/Anne-Sophie Willems (LBSU) 8-1

- In a really big match, no surprise Hazuki Onaga and Anne-Sophie Willems wilted under the pressure.

1. No. 125 Kristina Smith (UCI) def. Klaudia Malenovska (LBSU) 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
2. Ebba Unden (LBSU) def. Marivick Mamitt (UCI) 6-2, 6-4
3. Sarah Cantlay (LBSU) def. Franzisk Goettsching (UCI) 6-4, 6-1
4. Sarah Gong (UCI) def. Eva Rodriguez (LBSU) 6-0, 6-2
5. Karolina Rozenberg (LBSU) def. Ali Facey (UCI) 6-3, 6-4
6. Sarah Stadfelt (UCI) def. Anne-Sophie Willems (LBSU) 6-4, 6-1

- Who else but UCI's Kristina Smith could come from behind and clinch the win against Long Beach St.

- LBS's Eva Rodriguez has lost 6 of her last 7 but hasn't moved down the line-up to #5 singles. On the other hand Karolina Rozenberg is being stacked at #5 singles despite going 10-2 in her last 12 matches.

UCI is the NEW top team in the NEW Big West!
Congratulations Gouci, Got to feel exciting!

I'm thinking those national rankings compare favorably with conference ranking of other years. True?

Edit. What I am asking is this season's results a sign of a rising Big West that two teams are in the top 40, and competition at the top.

Last edited by 2nd_serve : Mar 3rd, 2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Clarity
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote