TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kiki Bertens

Thread: Kiki Bertens
View Single Post

Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM   #967
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kiki Bertens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
Kiki has been training with Martin van der Brugghen (coach at Berkel and Rodenrijs) since she started playing tennis. And Christiaan de Jong is her coach during tournaments and travels with her. Kiki can get a bit down or nervous during matches and what I like is that Christiaan is able to calm her down and be really positive during on court coaching. I even saw them laughing and joking once. Also I think that one time she asked for her coach at a point where she was quite in control of the match, but maybe she was getting a bit nervous. And he was like, but what do you want me to say? Youíre doing great, just keep playing like this I think she can get nervous or insecure at times and he is able to help her stay relax and positive. But it's still all pretty new for Kiki and all going so fast. She seems to work hard and fight though.

She didnít play juniors and played just a few 10kís in Holland. But when she was able to fully focus on tennis, she went from 10kís, challengers, WTA (and WTA title) and playing GS in a short period of time. It can be overwhelming I guess. This year is going to be a big year, having points to defend. So it's good to know she has good coaches and support.
Ok thanks

This makes me very happy, for some reason I thought she was a player with rotating coaches and such but I'm happy to hear she has just Christiaan traveling with her!
He does indeed seem to be a good influence .

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote