TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ashleigh Barty

Thread: Ashleigh Barty
View Single Post

Old Mar 1st, 2013, 11:49 AM   #945
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's not even all that uncommon for top 10 players to get bagelled in a set. If Ash is still getting regularly bagelled a year or so further down the track we'll probably have to fear the worst. For the time being I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say it's just inexperience.
Why are we agreeing on things now

I also think Ash could learn a lot from Stosur, in terms of work ethic. Like for example in the match warm-ups she never ever hits a single return. She just blocks the ball. I mean would it really hurt her so much to take a swing at a return.

I have seen some of her hitting sessions, and she barely even tries in those. A lot of variety/trick shots and mostly she just pushes the ball with her groundies.

Compared to Sam who hammers her shots even harder in practice Think Ash has to adopt something similar so she's ready when players like Barthel or Pavs are smashing big groundies at her.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote