TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ashleigh Barty

Thread: Ashleigh Barty
View Single Post

Old Mar 1st, 2013, 11:16 AM   #944
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Lastly I would like to add:

Getting thrashed, bageled etc. is quite common in the WTA. All it takes is one player playing slightly better and this result is possible. On ATP sets 6-4 can happen even if the winner actually playing much better tennis.

So yeah I wouldn't read much into this. If Ash held her service games better she could have lost 63 63, but really it is almost the same as 62 60 performance wise.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's not even all that uncommon for top 10 players to get bagelled in a set. If Ash is still getting regularly bagelled a year or so further down the track we'll probably have to fear the worst. For the time being I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say it's just inexperience.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote