TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kiki Bertens

Thread: Kiki Bertens
View Single Post

Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:39 AM   #962
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kiki Bertens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
Can someone tell me how the coaching situation is of Kiki Bertens?

I also rewatched some matches from Paris, her game is so good
It's unbelievable how she seems to be out of so many points but still wins them thanks to her BH slice, she wins so many points thanks to it and she controls it so well
Kiki has been training with Martin van der Brugghen (coach at Berkel and Rodenrijs) since she started playing tennis. And Christiaan de Jong is her coach during tournaments and travels with her. Kiki can get a bit down or nervous during matches and what I like is that Christiaan is able to calm her down and be really positive during on court coaching. I even saw them laughing and joking once. Also I think that one time she asked for her coach at a point where she was quite in control of the match, but maybe she was getting a bit nervous. And he was like, but what do you want me to say? You’re doing great, just keep playing like this I think she can get nervous or insecure at times and he is able to help her stay relax and positive. But it's still all pretty new for Kiki and all going so fast. She seems to work hard and fight though.

She didn’t play juniors and played just a few 10k’s in Holland. But when she was able to fully focus on tennis, she went from 10k’s, challengers, WTA (and WTA title) and playing GS in a short period of time. It can be overwhelming I guess. This year is going to be a big year, having points to defend. So it's good to know she has good coaches and support.

Last edited by Sasja : Mar 1st, 2013 at 05:45 AM.
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote