TennisForum.com - View Single Post - News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

View Single Post

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #635
country flag ReboundAce

ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Vika doesn't really fall in either category of "ball basher" or "pusher", if you were going to have a spectrum she would would fall pretty near the middle. Aga's problem vs her tends to stem from her poor 2nd serve and she's always on the backfoot in rallies, and can't get out. Once Aga is on the backfoot she doesn't really have the power or way to redirect the ball to get back into the rally. Aga struggles to attack vs Vika. The reason I think it won't change much on grass is because it becomes harder to actually stay in rallies on grass, it's harder to defend. And it's hard to make out Vika as some "grass mug" when she only lost to Serena Williams in the semi's twice last year.

Junior results can be a little funky, eg. Wozniacki won Junior Wimbledon too, but doesn't seem to enjoy the grass at all in the pro ranks. And obviously her final wasn't a fluke, you can only beat who is front of you. It just so happened though that she was the last of the lambs to the slaughter vs Serena.
Absolutely agree, i just dont know how many times she has lost to the actual champion she lost to Serena in 09, 12 and two times to an on form petra kvitova, so defifnitely I think that is the Slam after AO where she could have a great run, just wasnt very lucky wit the draws
ReboundAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote