TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #731
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
As a brazilian guy who knows NOTHING about croatian language, let me ask:

Would someone explain me how I should pronouce Mrdeza?
It's a bit tricky to explain cause

a) I don't speak Portuguese
b) the closest I can go is Spanish, and as mentioned earlier, they don't string consonants

But I'll try to explain a bit differently than the earlier poster, and hopefully come closer for you to get it right.

For starters I wouldn't bother with a string of consonants, but instead bring your attention to the middle and end of the surname. In Mrdeza the letters in boldface are pronounced exactly the same way you guys would pronounce "de Janeiro" in Portuguese, but obviously without the pause between the words. The first two letters (Mr) are pronounced the way they would be in Spanish if I could find an example of this consonant combo, so let's say like in their "mar" minus the vowel. Oh, and in her surname the stress is on the "r", not on the "e" as many foreigners would probably assume.

Hope this helps
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote