TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #2107
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I like this man's voice. Very pleasant to listen to. And I was pleasantly surprised that during one of Petra's matches at last year's Aussie Open he mentioned Jaroslav Drobny as one of Petra's great predecessors. Drobny was incredible, not only that he won Wimbledon and two French Opens, but he was also the world-champion in ice-hockey, scoring a hat-trick in the decisive match against the US to clinch the title

Thanks to David Mercer, I checked Drobny's wikipedia entry and I was blown away

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaroslav_Drobn%C3%BD
I love David Mercer - a typical English gent. He used to be an umpire.

I've met him a couple of times at breakfast when I used to stay in the same hotel as the players and commentators ... a very, very nice man
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote