TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #2103
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
If by playing it safe you mean not going for shots 1mm on the line but like an inch inside then i agree she should do that especially at early rounds. Petra is BB, no need to pretend like she isn't, also i feel when Petra tries to do something that is not natural to her i.e running a lot she starts to play worse, gets rattled but when she plays her instinctive game it's bring a lot of confidence into her, she has less errors and opponent can't much about it. She needs to use full force of attacking tennis but more wisely, sometimes be little patient
I absolutely agree with you! We could clearly see the contrast between 1st, 2nd and 3rd set of her last final. In 1st set she could hit almost every shot on the line, while in 2nd set she was nervous and started to miss her dangerous shot though she could use more safer but still offensive shots you've mentioned (with help of more top spin for example) and thereby reduce number of UE. 3rd set gave us a chance to see either more safer shots (offensive but safely in the court) and high risk aggressive play and it was kind of working side by side, though.
I like when commentators talk about using depth and placement and Petra is using them wisely.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote