TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #2102
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I know what you mean and I have to agree with you, it's more exciting if she plays like that and some say that if you don't serve DFs or aces on 2nd serve, you're not playing at your highest level of play - basically, if you're not risking, you're not going to get a win against the best players. And it's great that Petra can accept that risk and win those matches. But you must consider the fact that you're playing this style of play, you're much more exposed to be inconsistent than if you would use 'a plan B'. And I can reconcile that Petra will sometimes play more safely and will make it to the final and than get her chance and play her play rather than not make it to the big match at all and won't get the chance.
If by playing it safe you mean not going for shots 1mm on the line but like an inch inside then i agree she should do that especially at early rounds. Petra is BB, no need to pretend like she isn't, also i feel when Petra tries to do something that is not natural to her i.e running alot she starts to play worse, gets rattled but when she plays her instinctive game it's bring alot of confidence into her, she has less errors and opponent can't much about it. She needs to use full force of attacking tennis but more wisely, sometimes be little patient
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote