TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #2096
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I think that it's very good for her, that she can win some points over a pusher without aggressive play. First advantage is that it can boost Petra's confidence and second that she has some plan B while a plan A (aggressive attacking play) is failing. Something that for example Djokovic uses very effectively although he plays offensive mainly against defensive type of players like Ferrer. I'm glad that Petra also starts to play more smartly and is not just attacking whether it's working or not.
I was thinking the same thing about plan B but making 'winners video' fully converted to me tactic 'just impose your game on your opponent', half of those shot would not be possible if not for her aggressive game, it would not be Petra we love and adore for her game. Seriously, find my another player who decides to hit deep 170kph 2nd serve on break point? Petra made 3/4 of those shots on her way to Dubai title and that's why we love her game, some of them she missed and only in Errani's match most DF were at crucial moments i.e made match look worse than it was. If she played it safe her matches would have been less entertaining and not as much breathtaking(at one point in 3rd set vs Sara, Petra hit 10 straight winners and won 11 out of 12 points in three consecutive service games). Petra doesn't need plan B, she needs to be more aggressive, better use variety she possesses, also calibrate her gun more accurately in order to miss less easy shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I know

BTW, was it you or Exelscior who posted these comments on tennis.com ?
I don't even read tennis.com, i only read articles that posted on TF, if it's not here then it's not worth reading
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote