TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

View Single Post

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #3198
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
If she wasn't too full of herself thinking she'd get a QWC she could have used her SR and play both tournaments. See? They are not that useless after all.
Why u mad tho ?

It's shocking to me that a tournament like Acapulco doesn't give a former top 30 player and clay GOAT a QWC, especially when she traveled all the way from her Warsaw's mansion.

That said, I don't think Alex's decision to come to Acapulco was the right one. She has yet to prove that she's playing well enough to enter WTA tournaments. And that's why I said SR were useless. When players use them it's because their ranking is not high enough to gain direct entry in a tournament, and if their ranking isn't high enough it's simply because they are not back on their normal level yet. Hence most SR users getting trashed in R1 (Bacsinszky being a recent example). By the time Alex or Timea find their form (if they actually do), they won't need to use their SR because their ranking will be probably be good enough to enter most WTA tournaments, thanks to their hypothetic victories at ITF level.

Players ranked outside of top 30 are simply not good enough to successfully comeback in their first tournaments after a long injury break. Only players like Serena or Kim in recent years were able to comeback close to their best right after an injury. The thing is, those players don't need SR because they will always get WC instead.

So I stand by what I said, SR are useless. Useless for mid-ranked plyers because it doesn't help them climbing up the rankings, it's too much too soon, and useless for top players because they don't need them.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote