TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #2093
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Comments are way better then post itself
I'm not surprised by the comments on Kotyza for several reasons:

1) Diane (who runs that website) is/was a big fan of Petra in 2011. I'm sure she was quite disappointed and silent in 2012. So they should know and follow Petra, as well as anyone.

There was some good analysis, particularly on her forehand positioning.

2)I had already mentioned previously, how Kotyza had basically made Serena seem like a god (even when she wasn't playing well and Petra WAS), so it doesn't surprise me he didn't offer an encouragement for Petra vs Serena at that moment. I didn't know, even notice/hear that, until just now. In fairness: He may have been trying to relax her/make Petra laugh. Either way, I'm not surprised.

3) I've said many times, that 'Kotyza is good for teaching Petra tennis shots, and maybe relaxing her'. However, I feel he's a mediocre game strategist (especially against tough, repeated competition), and overall/long term goal setter, for a potential multi-slam young champion. It appears, Petra basically coaches herself, and he tries to relax her and/or offer observations--when he is present, needed during matches.

4) During 2012 Aussie Open, Kotyza had 2011 Wimbledon's game plan vs Sharpie (it was in pre-game articles), then didn't adjust--on the even slower clay of Stuttgart and Roland Garros later in the year.

Note: Nice to hear the comments regarding Petra's forehand and Serena's comments on Petra by some the people on that site.

I didn't even hear Serena's comments, cause I turned the set/computer off, before the Umpire announced "Game Set Match, Serena Williams". Lol

I'm not going to get into some of the other comments, like Serena and Vika pulling out of Doha (probably a joke, but a vaguely plausible scenario), to avoid a potentially hot Petra.

Last edited by Excelscior : Feb 26th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote