TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Feb 25th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #2067
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

I think Petra will be fine at Indian Wells.

People have this perception that Petra can't play on outdoor hardcourts, due to no legitimate reason other than happen-stance (Middle East and N.America in the past for various reasons).

Petra was also comfortable playing on Indoor Hardcourts, due to her Prostojev experiences, and that just added to the hysteria. But if you noticed, as of late, Petra's performed better (i.e., won tournaments) on outdoor hard courts, than indoor ones?

Nonetheless, Petra has a good serve toss, and her high velocity ground strokes should penetrate the wind, more than her competitors. And obviously, you don't worry about painting the lines as finely, when it's windy. She'll cope.

Remember, Dubai was windy this week (along with the usual light air, making the ball travel farther/faster). And of course we can't forget, Petra made the finals of the all time windy Eastbourne in 2011. That was a joke of a tournament--weather wise. I've seen her play in other windy tournaments and excel as well.

No. I wouldn't worry about that at all. If she loses, it will probably be for other reasons, unless the wind is just horrendous, and Petra doesn't bring her head or form to the game.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote