TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #761
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think it could be a combination of several things that caused her to lose that hunger.....

-The criticism she got when she was number one might have given her a feeling of, "what's the point? No matter what I do, it's never good enough."
-The fact that despite the criticism she is financially secure for the rest of her life even if she never plays another match in her life. And if she ends up marrying Rory they could with their combined fortunes buy Danmark. So money is not much of a motivation at this point. Definitely not as much as when you're struggling to make ends meet.
-The emotions caused by her relationship with Rory. First serious love affair, etc. Whereas previously tennis was the number one priority in her life it now got some serious competition from this relationship.

But it's great to hear that she's got her motivation back. I think that by the time she retires Caroline will be able to sit in that rockin' chair in the knowledge that no matter what she may or may not achieve in years to come, she gave it everything she had. And that's all we can expect from her.
To clarify,I wasn't suggesting that there was merely one solitary cause for Caroline's previous lack of hunger...was just speculating on the PRIMARY cause.

I can accept "Marine's" theory that Caro's dad,or other tennis professionals,persuaded her to make changes to her game....but I'd be quite shocked if she revealed,one day,that the FANS pushed her to change.It's not a matter of not RESPECTING her fans,it's just that Caroline has the sense to grasp how futile it would be to allow fan preferences to dictate your life.There are a couple airhead cover girls in the WTA who allow fan opinion to steer how they present themselves publically...because,for them,their image/popularity is EVERYthing...and is FAR more important than their tennis.However,Caroline isn't the shallow sort to put out such a false package for fan consumption,and she's not gonna let mass opinion tell her who she should be

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!