TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #758
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

As far as changes in her game I think that the idea could have come from her father, not her. Her mum said in a recent interview that it was Piotr who took the criticism quite personally and in his comments in 2012 he actually mentioned his intentions of stepping aside, their focus being only on slams in '12 and other things which were in line with what Caro's critics were often saying.
I guess they were told by many other professionals similar things as well so if the same things were said by so many it was too tempting not to try it.
So they tried it and it was pretty much a fail. Maybe Caro herself felt that the new aggressive approach wouldn't work out from the beginning but she was probably persuaded by her team to sacrifice her consistency for the purpose of taking her game on the next level.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!