TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #757
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Now that Caroline has admitted to previously losing her hunger somewhat,we may speculate a little as to what,exactly,caused that.My current fave theory is 'Discouragement';that is,she remained #1 for such a long stretch and came sort of close to a couple more Slam finals after falling in her first back in 2009...yet she couldn't overcome that final hurdle.

That might account for the almost knee-jerk way that she tried to incorporate aggressiveness into her game(as opposed to tinkering,as several successful greats have modified their games).Caro is only human,but I don't believe that fan criticism played any major role,if ANY,in her decision to be more aggressive.If she was losing hunger,then a so-called quick-fix solution might have looked more appealing to her.......and the way in which those changes were implemented kept reminding me of a quick-fix mentality right from the beginning

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!