TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 03:58 PM   #753
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Caroline

True. Even Ivanovic had a closer match vs Kvitova. Not impressed by Caro
That LOOKS to be true,on paper,but it's not really what happened: Petra jumped out to big leads in both sets vs. Ivanovic and completely dominated w/o any challenge whatsoever.Then,as she does sometimes,Petra began sleepwalking b/c she knew that she was playing slutty Ana and could win the match whenever she felt like it.Once the score got closer,Petra turned the intensity back on and easily closed out 'King Ralph'.

In contrast,Caroline at least forced her big-hitting foe to work a little bit and kept the score close most of the time...which is fairly remarkable because the Czech was hitting some winners with serious heat,several of which would've been unreturnable for ANYone.True,Caroline played a poor service game after getting the break in the 2nd set,but she forced her foe to stay on her toes(and Caro's 3 previous wins in the H2H were evidence that she was a legit threat).

I've got to run to a class now,but I just wanted to encourage you that things weren't as bleak as they've been before.Caroline still has some work ahead of her;however,the prospects aren't totally dark.Auf wiedersehen

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!