TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 02:06 PM   #749
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
14 unforced errors is a lot if you have only 8 winners. Generally, about a 1 winner to 1 unforced error ratio is a good level of play.

Now you're just being silly. Caro's winner count is a partial measure of aggressiveness so it matters somewhat in assessing her play. If Caro has too low a winner count, there's a good chance she was playing it too safe/too defensively. If Caro has too high a winner count, there's a good chance she was playing it too risky/too aggressively. Caro's unforced error count of course matters a lot but the acceptable number of unforced errors depends a lot on how Caro is trying to play: safe, risky, or something in between.
The statistician in you.... I think that when it come to Caro she has 2 plans: either plays it safe or does the 'something in between' thing. I think the second option is the best one to use against the current top 10 because most of these players won't give her many (if any) free points. Kvitova and Li are probably the ones who are quite generous in this regard but other than that,nope, all of the other players hit with a lot of precision.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!