TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:18 PM   #739
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Their best match was probably the Hopman Cup exhibition match last year.

I find it hard to imagine a premier 5 let alone a slam being won without at least one of those players having to be beaten along the way. Last year those four either won or were beaten along the way by the eventual winner in 14 of the 15 biggest tournaments (premier 5s, premier mandatories, Olympics, Yec, and the slams). If you include Aga, it's 15 out of 15 tournaments. So if Caro can't figure out a way to beat these players, her chances of winning a big title again are very small.
She lost that one so I'd rather opt for Beijing 2010. Draws do fall apart at the big events sometimes but you are right she will need to find a way of beating these players again. Many challenges are still ahead of her. Hopefully she'll build on the good performance in Dubai in the upcoming big tournaments.
marineblue is online now View My Blog!