TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

View Single Post

Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 08:40 PM   #1353
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by allracquetsports View Post
Possibly Laura is what I would call a natural sporty person but maybe not a top class athlete, so she will need someone to monitor her and push her on the training side to complement the coach, who is probably more focused on shots & game strategy.
She does have her own fitness trainer though, Dejan Bojanovic as part of her team with Krajan, so in theory she should be getting that attention. Though perhaps Jez's workouts suited her better for some reason or something...

Quote:
I get the impression that Laura is more on her heels than at the tail end of last year.
Totally agree with this,and tbh it's not as though I really see her moving well at the beginning of a match and fading, as though she can't sustain the effort. It's not there at the beginning either.

Quote:
One thing is for sure, you don't get strong abs, quads & calves from practicing tennis all day - only targeted exercise routines will bring Laura back to where she was last October.
I'd be very surprised if she isn't doing specific workouts for these areas in the gym, you'd certainly expect it for a professional tennis player.