TennisForum.com - View Single Post - •~~~Welcome to Vikaland~~~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2.

View Single Post

Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:25 PM   #2144
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~~~Welcome to Vikaland~~~ - Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Yeah. One of the reasons why I find it hard to cheer for Petra is reading Twitter whenever she's playing well. All the journos are jumping so quickly on her bandwagon it's amazing. I know it's not Petra's fault and she's not a player who helps creating her own hype but still...Also it's funny how eager Cronin is to see the Vika vs Woz match-up (mentioned it again today). You could think he's a Vika fan who wants that H2H fixed.
Yes, people are way too quick to jump on the Petra is back, Petra is going to be the best. It's obvious why, because when on her game is very pleasing on most people's eye, but I don't see how that clouds all objective judgment. To be the best you've gotta be beating the best, she isn't doing that at the moment.

And I think Cronin has somehow convinced himself into thinking Wozniacki would beat Azarenka even now. The thought pattern is heavily flawed. Vika was having much more problems with Radwanska prior to 2012. These days when you look at the matchup it should be heavily in Vika's favour. All the players who have troubled Vika recently have been players who can hit a big ball. Certainly I can't remember the last time she was troubled by a primarily defensive player.

Last edited by ozza : Feb 23rd, 2013 at 05:49 AM.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote