TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:13 PM   #1508
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Actually you guys might find it interesting to visit Petra's subforum, I got a couple of members there to shed some light on the situation. It isn't very active compared to SS, no shade, although more active than most so it shouldn't be too many pages back.

Basically there's a lot going on there, her manager is a Mafia type figure who picks her team and forces her to play the tournaments he owns despite the fact they often affect preparation for bigger tour events. The real atrocity was though, she has no has no hitting partner. It got so bad at one stage she had to hit with the PR LADY!!1111 during the US hard court swing last year. Yes, she practiced with the fucking PR lady. How they haven't supplied her with one IDK...

There definitely is the aspect that Petra is doing tennis for enjoyment as opposed to having trained every second to be at the top, so naturally she lacks that killer instinct others at the top have. But for a top player her management/team is a downright mess.

I still think she'll catch fire at a couple more Wimbledon's and realistically even if she played consistent mediocre tennis throughout she would probably beat all bar Serena she's that good on the surface.

If anyone is interested in paying it a visit I think the thread is the 'Petra team bashing thread' or something.
What the hell?

Can she not just get a new team? Granted, if you what you say is true about her only wanting to play for enjoyment, she probably won't.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!