TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1505
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Does that mean that if they should all of a sudden start winning again you'll reach a point where you want them to go down again?

Actually I used to hate who was winning just for the fact they were. Like Petra in 2011 or Caro because she was #1 for so long.
But now I genuinely feel bad for them and I wouldn't mind them winning (of course I'd always be rooting for Maria above everyone else)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Kvitova has said before she's more focused on spending time with her family than practicing and training. She recently hired a new fitness coach but the question needs to be asked, why hire someone to help you do something you don't want to do?! She also has apparently been quite sad and depressed after losses like the Aus Open this year, yet she's staying firm on wanting to spend time with her family and puting other priorities first. I don't understand how one can feel depressed and disappointed when they won't commit themselves 100% to achieve their goals. I like Petra, I love her game and think she has a great personality, but I can never become a fan of her until she starts to take tennis more seriously. She has the potential to be the best, yet she's currently just surviving off her impeccable ball striking abilities.

That's why I love players like Maria, Vika and Caroline. Their work ethic. They don't stop trying and they're willing to put in the hard work. Ana is iffy with this sometimes but she has lately gotten her priorities sorted so I'm hoping she gets rewarded for that otherwise I fear she might get distracted and lose motivation again.
I see what you mean and I generally share your thoughts, but for Petra in particular I think she's not like -say- Sveta who really lost her motivation for many years and struggled (and still struggling) to come back. I think Petra is more or less like Na after she won her slam: they were overwhelmed with everything that came with those wins and somehow couldn't handle the situation. She clearly needs a lot of work to get back being compared to the world top 3 but I think she's young enough (unlike Na and Sam) to get there. I agree on the fact that other players have a different mental approach right now, but talking about her ball striking abilities she's a top player... I hope she can get herself together to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
wont surprise me Kvitova losing IW&Miami in the 1st round once again now that "she is back!!!".
Let us dream
I talk like a long term Petra fan, wtf
Trih is offline View My Blog!