TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM   #708
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Caro will face Kvitova in SF. Petra seems sufficiently sharp at the moment to be a 60-40 favorite in my book. Caro's serve and FH must be consistently better than today if she's going to have a chance of winning tomorrow. She can't let the agressive Czech dictate the whole match. Caro needs depth and angles on her shots to get her opponent running. Movement will always be a relative weakness with Petra. And let's hope Caro can get a handle on those serves out wide from ad court.
There are no match odds yet, as Kvitova only just won, but I'd be very surprised, if Kvitova is 'only' a 60/40 fave .. (I know you said 'in your book'.)

And I think that's fair. Caro is probably in with a ~25% chance given their form atm, but that's not zero and if the Czech only gets about even number of W to UE, there's definitely an (small) opening for Caro.

And even Caro loses, a SF i a P5 is an improvement to last P5

Edit : Looks like Kvitova is 1.6 ... that's for all intent and purposes a 60/40 match

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Feb 21st, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!