TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 04:59 PM   #1485
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

The tour just doesn't know what to do with the calendar anymore.
They thought that if we cut a bunch of stuff, or condense it down, and force attendance would lead to better fields.
The facts are it just doesn't work that way. I also think cutting or downgrading some long running tournaments hurt them.
Also there really aren't consistent "seasons" anymore. There is the Australian Swing, the Clay Season and the US Open series but that's about it. Even the clay season isn't as good as it used to be. And don't even get me started about the Fall Season.

The tour is so focused on chasing money instead of building legacy tournaments that will attract top players based on the fact that the GOATs won it (think Miami, Moscow, Tokyo PPO, Zurich, San Diego). I think a lot of players know that these tournaments don't mean as much simply because they can't conjure a history.