TennisForum.com - View Single Post - •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2.

View Single Post

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:00 PM   #2136
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Been looking at some old posts.

It's weird that this thread began to die in March 2011, around the time of the Babushka Intervention and Miami '11 that started Vika's rise to the top. Maybe we should leave it quiet

Quote:
Ha, I just have heavy disdain for the way Wimbledon is ran. It's so far behind the times it's beyond a joke. Queuing everyday just isn't viable really. To do that you would literally have to be at Wimbledon 24/7 for 2 weeks, and even then you cannot get centre court tickets anymore at like QF stage. I do not understand at all why they can think the current system is best, like lets be honest Wimbledon probably has the least actual tennis fans in the grounds of any event of that scale. I don't know why they don't take a leaf out of the way the ATP tour finals are run, it's affordable, better atmosphere etc.

The irony is Wimbledon themselves lose out, they sell final tickets through the ballot (has anyone ever actually won final tickets through the ballot ) for like £90, these tickets then sell all over the place for well over £1000 a ticket (the general price tends to be around £2500 a pair). It's ridiculous to think that I live about an hour from Wimbledon, and I consider the US Open my most accessible slam to go to. The USO have it right on many levels, it's very easy to buy tickets for every day you want to go to. The setup of Ashe being the only ticketed court also works well, it means I can just acquire tickets for every Ashe session, then if I want to wander the grounds earlier in the event (which I do) I can with ease. And guess what you can buy a ticket to every session, every day at Ashe, and it comes to a cheaper amount than it would to buy a Wimbledon semi or final ticket!
Good points. I really like the ground pass system for the first week, £20 is good value considering that most days at Birmingham cost more than that. Also queueing for the ground pass is quite fun! but only practical in the early part of the tournament unless you want to watch juniors or oldies etc. There's no chance the old farts at AELTC will be changing anything in the near future though of course.

Last edited by Igor_Biscan : Feb 21st, 2013 at 02:16 PM.
Igor_Biscan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote