TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 01:36 PM   #1484
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The problem is the current calendar is just too condensed. It should be at least 2 weeks longer than it currently is. So many good old tournaments pay the price because they simply can't attract top players anymore. Linz is a good example. On the one hand I don't think it's probably best for Vika that she play there, on other it's sad that given it's spot in the calendar it is simply impossible for it attract top players. Who is going to want to play after back to back weeks in Asia? The ATP has this problem with various tournaments that just can't attract top players anymore being sold off.

It's even more unfortunate that a lot of the events that pay the price are European. Hopefully Eastbourne or some other UK grass event improves as a result of the 3 week grass court season. It's especially annoying in the UK, that we have a grand slam, but to get tickets to go every single day is just impossible (would cost upwards of £20k unless you know the right people).
Or you can queue for ground pass every day and pay £200 total, then try to scrounge show court tickets off people who leave early

I guess with extended grass season, and Birmingham going premier from next year, we will see several of the top players playing one of the pre-wimbledon tournaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
victoria azarenka ‏@vika7
Hey guys! Here is a contest i put for u �� http://www.facebook.com/VictoriaAzarenkahttp://ow.ly/i/1yx4j �� im excited #TeamVika

I am sure it would fit us all well .
If one of us wins we should provide photographic evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReboundAce View Post
Guys I have been wondering for a long time why there isn't an off topic thread in Vika's forum ? Clearly there are a lot of fans and it seems that the other big players have one
It's called welcome to Vikaland, you can see the old usernames and real names of the oldtimers. Maybe Will / Vika-GOAT should change the title to something more descriptive