TennisForum.com - View Single Post - INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

View Single Post

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:28 AM   #88
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- This is MY home! Mission: Win the title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedG View Post
C'mon guys, do you honestly think she'll never beat Serena again? OF COURSE she will, Azarenka lost 9 times in a row but ended up winning, it's not like she's never going to beat her . You gotta think positive and she'll etch out a win

But regarding Indian Wells, she's a shoo-in for the semis/finals (depends if Li is in her side of the draw)
To be honest, yes, I'm starting to think Maria will never beat Serena again. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting close. With the ankle and her not feeling well, Serena was probably at about 50-60% what she usually is. She was lethargic, she was error-prone, and her serve wasn't as dominant. You saw how Kvitova was able to push her to the brink and you saw what Vika did to her.

And sandwiched in between those matches, we have Maria. Against a Serena that was as vulnerable as she's been since last year's French, a 100% healthy Maria still managed only a paltry 5 games. So, yeah, I'm not really seeing evidence that this match-up is on the verge of turning around.

And you can't compare Maria to Vika right now. Vika was very competitive with Serena in a number of recent matches before the result in Qatar happened. You could see her building towards this. She's been number one for most of the past year, she's winning a ton of titles, playing with a lot of confidence, precision, and belief. Basically, she's doing everything Maria isn't.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote