TennisForum.com - View Single Post - News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

View Single Post

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 12:34 AM   #631
country flag Little Dreamer
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I tend to think Radwanska's grass prowess is overrated on the basis of reaching last years Wimbledon final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
A Radwanska match against Azarenka would certainly be interesting. So would a Radwanska vs Kvitova match on grass.

Such contrasting styles of play usually make for great tennis. Although we all know Azarenka usually delivers a routine beat down for Aga.
Both true. Radwanska (or to a lessor extent Caroline) vs any player who can bash the ball (pure ball bashers a la Georges) tend to be my favorite matchups. A smart, but weaker players vs a dumb player but has all the power in the world. It's no fun to watch two ball bashers or two pushers because both aren't a drag to watch. Either you cringe at every UE or cry when one player fails to put away an easy ball . Azarenka isn't as exciting because she actually THINKS on court so she makes quick work of Aga, every time.

And although she's a bit overrated on grass (look at the Olympics 2012) hasn't she a junior slam @ Wimbledon? And making the finals isn't a fluke at Wimbledon (well kind of, didn't she beat Kirilenko for a spot in the finals :lol)

Little Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote