TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Matches of the Week - 2013

View Single Post

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #77
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Matches of the Week - 2013

I was there for both matches when UF played against DUKE & UNC. Against Duke, it was just very bizarre. It didn't seem like the UF girls were into it, almost sort of wanting to lose? It made sense as later on when I had a chat with a UF player team mom. Roland apologized to the girls after the loss for not having anything scheduled for 2 weeks before a big match like this. They were unprepared. While UF girls were up on 4 of the 6 courts, there were a lot of scoreboard watching. Adding the fact that they were going to play UNC the next day, it only made sense for the girls to sort of lose the match and save the best for tomorrow.

Against UNC, even in indoors, the gators were too experenced, especialy having had a "warm up" match against Duke the day before. SOPHIE was so tough, running Zoe ragged. Many times Zoe was taking extra seconds between the points I kept wondering if the empire was gonna call time violations on her. Lauren's match could have ended in 2, but the UNC girl gave her best in the 2nd and then took an injury time out in the 3rd -- perhaps overcompensating in the 2nd set? Breanna was just overpowering the UNC girl and Jano attached when she had a slight chance.

I am not impressed what so ever with Collins, however, losing 2 singles & 2 doubles matches in a row. Her stroke productions are very tiresome and her footworks are scattering, making her look like a cow on the court... But when she gets into position to strike a ball, it's one of the fastest bullets you'll see. Maybe it's because it's indoors... I don't know, shouldn't that be an advantage to her?

It would be tough to not see UF making another semi or finals appearance in the NCAA's.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote