TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #1477
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The irony about most of the moaners on GM is that it's there fav's that benefit the most from these withdrawals. They can't win whatever they do, if they play and just tank - they would be blasted for not trying. I hear many people claiming they should have withdrawn before the draw because they had no intention to play here. That is more nonsense though. Firstly the draw was Saturday, they were never going to withdraw before then. Secondly there withdrawals have arisen as a result of exertions in Doha the previous week. It's not like they both signed up to Dubai last year thinking "you know what it would be hilarious if we sign up there and then pull out. How funny!"

And that is the problem with having back to back commitment events. It will lead to late withdrawals after the event has begun due to the previous week, because there isn't any time for them to withdraw before hand.
It's a lot like Charleston, heaps of top players who sign on for there will withdraw because of a good run in Miami. The WTA never learns though, and there's weeks where there are only one MM tournament being played in the current calendar