TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #1469
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I can't see any way she plays Stuttgart. She isn't on the entry list (from Stuttgart website). And she probably wants some time off after Indian Wells - Miami - Monterrey. I also don't think Stuttgart really helps you as preparation to Roland Garros. Vika was probably harmed last year going into RG that she only played one match in Rome on a surface anything like the one at French Open. Hopefully with Madrid sorting out their surface that will improve this year.

She did play Tokyo last year Patrick. She just withdrew with fever/illness that was there for all to see in the match with Vinci. And the Montreal/Cincinnati were clearly to do with the Olympics last year. She's going to have to play at least 1 of these minimum in build up to USO (if not for any reason but they're tournaments she should be doing well in). Don't rules dictate as she didn't enter Cincinnati last year, she has to enter it this year, so I think she is for sure down for there. I actually think the best kind of schedule to take going into USO is probably play Stanford or San Diego. Don't enter Toronto (as the 1 P5 she doesn't have to play). Then play Cincinnati. Obviously that is my opinion though.

And I'll be honest I agree I don't think she should play Linz. We will see if she signs up to any international post-USO, but I think it's probably better if you don't. The problem is sadly none of them are in a good position in the calendar post-USO (mainly as a result of the season being too short imo).
ozza is offline View My Blog!