TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #687
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Here's an interesting comment from Caro in a Sports Illustrated article about yesterday's matches in Dubai:

The Dane, who has returned to the top 10 this year, said she feels her passion for the game has returned.

“For me, I’m just really enjoying the tennis and happy to be out there,” Wozniacki said. “I think at one point it was just a job and going and playing, but I feel like I’ve gotten that hunger back and that enjoyment of the game.”

http://carolinewozniacki.dk/caroline...-championship/
This is her 5th tournament of 2013, so far she only reached 1 QF, and folded in that when up 5-3 in set 2.
She does need a lot more hunger, more focus.
But she knew that 18 months ago.
She has to do it on court. We've seen this happen to other former #1's.
Its extremely difficult once a player has fallen this far from the top for such a long period of their career with no major injury. Its a mental fight within the player. Like watching Ivanovic's service toss, and the way she over reacts when things go bad.
Its almost like trying to recapture their youth.
Its clear from the last 20 months how hard its going to be for Caroline. She's lost 5 of her last 10 matches at majors. 4 of them terrible 1st sets, the other she had match points
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!