TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #1452
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinawww View Post
If I remember correctly, people in GM was saying (negatively) that there was no way Vika would withdraw because she cares too much about ranking, and now they are bashing her for withdrawing. Once again I find myself asking, why do I even visit GM!
For haters, Vika is always doing either do little or do much. If she had played in Dubai, the same old nicknames would have criticized her for being desperately after ranking points and just being greedy for big prize money. But now they have to find a new theory to attack Vika.

I think it was a totally wise decision not to play in Dubai. As we know many young and talented tennis players have retired all the way because of their injuries or they have been away a couple years to recover and try to find their old peak form again. I am sure that Vika with her team wants to build a long career, not just a few years on the top. Avoiding serious injuries must be part of that strategy.

As the results tell Vika surely know what do in the court. Besides I think she played better in Doha than Melbourne. Four wins against 10 top players in this year already and 14-0 winning streak!

Her next more or less official match should be BNP Paribas Showdown at the Madison Square Garden on March 4, 2013. http://www.thegarden.com/sporting-events/tennis.html
Exordes is offline View My Blog!