TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's problem against Serena Williams

View Single Post

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #41
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's problem against Serena Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
game is the same, but now no consistency ..... The number of errors is mind-blowing
That is what I can't understand and is the only question mark I have about wanting her to flatten her shots out, the spin on her shots these days make them safer yet UEs are ridiculously high.
UEs are part of her game but not at these numbers.

However, she just can't afford these current tactics against Serena, she could get away with them vs. Vika on a good day but the most of the time she won't.

IDK what the solution is other than getting a better hitting partner and drilling her in practice until she makes hardly an error.

Although I do suspect that a lot of the times the UEs are a result of conflicted approaches, her instinct is to attack but in practice and tactical discussions she's told to play more conservatively. I think she's confused on the court and that isn't allowing her to have a clear enough head to focus and implement the angles Hoggy has told her to implement.