TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

View Single Post

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #1319
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Wow had it since the olympics and 4 courses of antibiotics can't get rid of it?? That's a pretty serious chest infection...hope they can get it sorted and it isn't indicative of something else.

And on the subject of the match yesterday (almost forgot about that!) I didn't think she actually played taht bad. Yes there were the normal UEs but perhaps I expected more of a mess after the match against Dani last week...? She had the power on her serve indicating the shoulder was behaving, movement was decent got to a couple of dropshots, especially if you consider she has a chest infection. I actually came away disappointed about the close nature of the loss but relatively positive that she had began to improve her form.

Also think Yulia has the wrong style to match Laura (tho obvs she still needs to beat these players) got a lot of balls back and defensively was very good. Perhaps I have low expectations but Laura had several long rallies where I was worried she would break down and spray the ball but she didn't. Yes there were bad errors, but I saw a lot of positives as well.

Interestingly from the oncourt coaching and that article posted above laura didn't think she was being aggressive and the courts were slow...again I could be completely wrong but I thought she was being relatively aggressive. Ok a few rallies she went down the middle too much and won easily when using the angles but she was inside the baseline and dictating the points for most of the match...overall although a loss not as bad play from her as I feared.

Get well soon Laura

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Feb 19th, 2013 at 08:17 AM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote