TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Tadeja Majeric making her way to the top thread!

View Single Post

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #29
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Tadeja Majeric making her way to the top thread!

ITF Pro Circuit meets... Tadeja Majeric

Quote:
Which Grand Slam title does she crave? Which players attributes would she take to create a super player? Where is her favourite holiday destination? These and more are answered by the 22-year old Fed Cup player.

ITF Pro Circuit: Can you tell us where were you born and maybe describe the area where you grew up?
Tadeja Majeric: I was born in Maribor, Slovenia. It’s the second biggest city in Slovenia. There is a nice ski resort called Pohorje. We have also world cup skiing competition 'Golden Fox' there.

Do any other members of your family play sport?
My father used to play soccer when he was young. He also plays tennis for fun. My cousin is also a tennis player. She is 15-years old now.

So how did you get started in tennis?
I was 5-years old. My father always liked sport a lot. He says tennis is the most beautiful sport for women. So my parents knew already when I was smaller that they will sign me for tennis practice. I started with tennis at a club named ZTK Maribor. We also have ITF $25,000 tournaments there.

What can you tell us about your current coach?
My coach is Freddy Blatter. We practice with him in Switzerland. He also played Davis Cup for Switzerland. It’s a lot of fun with him off the court but when we work he is very strict which I really like.

Who were/are your tennis idols?
My tennis idol is Serena Williams. I really like her game.

What is your greatest tennis memory either as a player or as a fan?
I would say my greatest memory is the match of Ivanisevic at Wimbledon when he got a Wild Card and won after trying so hard of several years being so close but never making it.

Who has been the toughest opponent you have faced on court?
The toughest opponent was Dinara Safina. I played against her on WTA Tour in Portoroz. She was Number One in the world at that time!

In your opinion, what would you say are the best and worst aspects of being a professional tennis player?
I think you get a lot of experience in life with tennis. It brings many positive things. We meet many friends, we visit different countries and it’s very interesting also to meet different cultures. But we all know it’s also very hard because you don't see so much of your family, friends...

So far in your career, what has been the nicest venue that you played at?
I really liked the tournament in Toyota, Japan. [A $75,000 event on the ITF Pro Circuit]

Any on-court funny incidents?
There should be some in so many years on tour but I can't remember any at the moment (smiles)

What is the best experience that you had on the ITF Pro Circuit?
The best experience so far was winning the title in Pune singles and doubles [in December 2012].

Which player(s) are you friends with?
I have many friends. But if I have to name them I would say Conny Perrin, Keren Shlomo, Masa Zec, Alexandra Riley...

How do players relationships with each other compare on the ITF Pro Circuit to other Circuits you may have played ((i.e. ITF Juniors/WTA Tour)?
There is no big difference in my opinion. I think it’s very hard to have good friends on the Circuit because we are in competition against each other.

How has playing on the ITF Pro Circuit helped you as a player?
It helps to get points and better ranking so later I can play more WTA tournaments.

Would you recommend that top juniors play the ITF Pro Circuit?
I would definitely recommend top juniors to play the ITF Pro Circuit to get more experience and matches.

What aspect of another player’s game do you most envy?
I would really like to have Ivanovic's forehand (smiles)

Speaking of other female players (past & present), whose attributes would you take to create your own female super player?
Serving : Serena Williams
Return of Serve : Clijsters
Forehand : Ivanovic
Backhand : Jankovic
Volley : Vinci
Positioning : Henin
Speed on court : Errani
Concentration : Sharapova
Fighting spirit : Wozniacki
Entertainment : Schiavone

If you could only have one Grand Slam title, which would you choose?
I would choose Wimbledon.

What has been the best piece of advice you have been given?
That no matter what happens in life you need to stay positive.

Away from the tennis court do you have any other interests?
I really like to play volleyball, love shopping and cinema.

Do you have a favourite holiday destination?
My favourite destination is the Maldives.

If you had not become a tennis player what career path would you have liked to have followed?
I would probably try as a sports manager.

Finally, have you set yourself any goals for 2013?
My goals are to improve my game and my physical condition. And then hopefully my ranking will get higher. [As of 7 January 2013 she had reached new career high WTA rankings of 213 and 229 in singles and doubles respectively)

Thanks for your time Tadeja and all the best for 2013.
http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...a-majeric.aspx
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote