TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's problem against Serena Williams

View Single Post

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #34
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of
Re: Maria's problem against Serena Williams

Now that Victoria has been able to beat Serena - hopefully it can break Masha's mental block - like If Vika can - I can too - and hopefully she can defeat Serena once or twice in the coming years

As for Masha's "stubbornness" or Thomas Hogsted's incompetence - Yeah - it's always easy to be critical when you're a bystander or wannabe coach and although I'm impressed by all the technical analyses some of you have presented here - you've to wonder how valid they really are? - Both Masha and Thomas are professionals and surely they've reviewed played matches and tried to figure out where it went wrong and what details could be improved - The truth is however - you can only improve that much - It's impossible to try and redo an entire way of playing when you're 25 years old and have been a professional since 14 years old - All you can do is to try to improve details in your game - both weaknesses and strengths - Many have noticed how Masha has improved her movement on court - she's faster - but she'll never be a Kim Clijsters or a Caroline Wozniacki - I'm a fanatic Masha fan and I believe in her will to win 100% - but sometimes the opponent is just to good - It's as simple as that - I've been watching Azarenka matches and both her and Masha's style of play are similar but Azarenka moves way better than Masha ever will - Victoria is also better in hitting the ball accurately while on the run - I'm therefor not surprised that she was the one to win a final over a healthy and in form Serena

We maybe just have to admit that Serena is a tennis phenomena - The best of her time - Yes - Masha has defeated her @ Wimbledon 2004 - only 17 years old - but maybe that was Masha's destiny - to win this one historical and unforgettable final over Serena who undoubtedly is the better player and should win 9 matches outta 10 over Masha - We can wish this and that - theorize about what Masha should improve and all sorta wishful thinkings but maybe - just maybe Masha isn't better than to be the #3 - With a little luck she can become the #1 for a shorter period of time but if I've to be honest - I think both Azarenka and Serena Williams are just the better players at the moment and Masha can only beat these 2 if they've an off day or are outta form - How's that for a theory?
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote