TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's problem against Serena Williams

View Single Post

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #34
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future
Re: Maria's problem against Serena Williams

Now that Victoria has been able to beat Serena - hopefully it can break Masha's mental block - like If Vika can - I can too - and hopefully she can defeat Serena once or twice in the coming years

As for Masha's "stubbornness" or Thomas Hogsted's incompetence - Yeah - it's always easy to be critical when you're a bystander or wannabe coach and although I'm impressed by all the technical analyses some of you have presented here - you've to wonder how valid they really are? - Both Masha and Thomas are professionals and surely they've reviewed played matches and tried to figure out where it went wrong and what details could be improved - The truth is however - you can only improve that much - It's impossible to try and redo an entire way of playing when you're 25 years old and have been a professional since 14 years old - All you can do is to try to improve details in your game - both weaknesses and strengths - Many have noticed how Masha has improved her movement on court - she's faster - but she'll never be a Kim Clijsters or a Caroline Wozniacki - I'm a fanatic Masha fan and I believe in her will to win 100% - but sometimes the opponent is just to good - It's as simple as that - I've been watching Azarenka matches and both her and Masha's style of play are similar but Azarenka moves way better than Masha ever will - Victoria is also better in hitting the ball accurately while on the run - I'm therefor not surprised that she was the one to win a final over a healthy and in form Serena

We maybe just have to admit that Serena is a tennis phenomena - The best of her time - Yes - Masha has defeated her @ Wimbledon 2004 - only 17 years old - but maybe that was Masha's destiny - to win this one historical and unforgettable final over Serena who undoubtedly is the better player and should win 9 matches outta 10 over Masha - We can wish this and that - theorize about what Masha should improve and all sorta wishful thinkings but maybe - just maybe Masha isn't better than to be the #3 - With a little luck she can become the #1 for a shorter period of time but if I've to be honest - I think both Azarenka and Serena Williams are just the better players at the moment and Masha can only beat these 2 if they've an off day or are outta form - How's that for a theory?
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote